[Advaita-l] Who is Ishwara? He is NARAYANA only. Beautiful and soothing Narayana Bhajan

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon May 22 02:12:42 EDT 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> // sa brahma sa śivaḥ sa hariḥ sendraḥ so'kṣaraḥ paramaḥ svarāṭ.//
>
> There are few who chant this with slight changes.  "sa hariH" is omitted
> by them.
>
> Their pATha is:
>
> "sa brahma sa śivaḥ sendraḥ so'kṣaraḥ paramaḥ svarāṭ"
>
> This was told once by Shri.Devanathacharya during his discourse in Vedic
> Seminar held at
> Tirupathi.

Mostly those who omit that consciously are Vaishnavas, as evidenced by the
above Acharya.  I have heard from Sri Mani Dravid Sastrigal that in
Maharashtra (Pune) and other places in the north the reading with 'sa
Harih' is in vogue in many traditional pathashalas and lay persons
irrespective of whether they are vaishnavas or not.

regards
vs