[Advaita-l] Evidence for Hari-Hara worship in early 13CE

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 11:22:59 EDT 2017

Namaste

I think the Hari Hara Bheda was started by Kings in the South India.
Some Kings liked Hara and some kings liked Hari. The Kings liking Hara
tried to destroy Hari followers and Kings liking Hari tried to destroy
Hara followers. Because of this also Ramanuja was attacked in TN. Then
he fled to Karnataka

The important point is religion should never be mixed with politics
and political power. When Religion becomes official government Policy
all the trouble starts. Same thing is happening in Islamic countries
now. They are mixing religion and politics. Same thing happened in
Christian history when Pope got political powers.

Regards

-Venkatesh