[Advaita-l] Bhagavatam and Advaitam

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 13:09:10 EDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 8:26 PM, Sriram Sankaranarayanan via Advaita-l <

> Namaskarams to all,
>
> In the last adhikaranam of the second adhyaya of BS,
> Utpatyasambhavaadhikaranam, I note the philosophy of Bhagavatas is
> rejected. Does this "Bhagavata" have a direct association with Srimad
> Bhagavatam?

No. The 'bhāgavata darshana' of the BS also known as pāncharātra is not the
subject matter of the Srimadbhāgavatam.  One can find copious Advaitic
teachings in the Srimadbhāgavatam.  The Uddhavagitā of the 11th Canto is
especially dear to Advaitins.  Swami Paramarthananda ji has discoursed on
this section very elaborately in English. One can buy this recording from
the Śāstraprakāśikā Trust, Chennai.

warm regards
subrahmanian.v