[Advaita-l] Who has Ajnana/Maya?

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 09:29:15 EDT 2017

I understand the question.

1)You are assuming that an experience of something implies the self is
affected. That is not true.

2) You are concluding that the self experiences a real experience. That is
also not true. If what is real is only the self, there can be no other
entity other than itself which is real. This includes any experiences the
self supposedly undergoes. I have previously said why experiences cannot be
part of the self.

Taking your apple example, how did you know that the apple was perceived?
Because that perception itself was perceived. Thus, that perception also
belongs to the drishya, not the drk. Its not any more real than the apple
itself.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan