[Advaita-l] Sri Haridasa Bhat's Brilliant Presentation of Sat Khyaati Vaada

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Mar 10 02:04:45 EST 2017

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Sat-asat-vilakṣanam means: The superimposed vastu is neither sat (trikālabādhya like Brahman) nor asat (like hare's horn). What is stated as 'traikālika atyanta asat in the locus' also means this alone.

Ø  Hmm…it needs really some ‘understanding’ to understand the eka vAkyata between two different sentence  :

Ø  (a) a thing can be at the same time in the same locus  sat-asat vilakshaNam and

Ø  (b) a thing also in the same locus at the same time i traikAlika atyanta asat as well..

Ø  In (a) the same locus (shukti) one is saying rajata is sat-asat vilakshaNaM (anirvachaneeyaM)  whereas in the (b)  same locus (shukti) rajata is traikAlika atyanta asat..and finally,  declaring both are conveying the same meaning !!  Perhaps an advaitin would agree with these type of explanations since it is from the desk of an advaitin but not certainly a dvaitin.  How can it be logical that that one which is already determined as traikAlika atyanta asat will be  presented as sat-asat vilakshaNam and anirvachaneeyaM as well on the same locus..Do you think Sri HaridAsa Bhatta’s brilliant presentation of refutation on sat khyAti vAda accommodates these type of dubious explanations??  I really doubt very much.

Ø   Anyway, I am stopping here finally…Kindly don’t expect continuation of this thread from my side as myself not clear about this explanation due to my limitations.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar