[Advaita-l] Sri Haridasa Bhat's Brilliant Presentation of Sat Khyaati Vaada

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 01:06:31 EST 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
> Hare Krishna
>
> Thanks for your detailed clarification.  Since we both are not new to the
> dvaitins arguments with regard to all these issues I don’t have to dig it
> further.  If the two advaitins giving two different definition to 'rajata'
> in shukti, first thing dvatin would demand is, first settle within
> yourselves and come up with a siddhAnta which is acceptable to both of you.

Dear Bhaskar ji,

There is no two views on this in Advaita, as far as I know.

> We will see that statement of Advaita later :-) And, he would say, anyway
> bring 'anything' under the banner of Advaita we will be ready to refute it
> :-) Just a small example :
>
> You said in your mail :
>
> Anirvachaneeya rajata is mithyā, traikālika atyanta asat, in the shukti
>
> Sri Venkatesh Murthy prabhuji in his mail said though it is sweet for him
> to refute the sat khyAti, however he clarified his stand by saying :
>
> But at the same time we say Silver in shell is not Asat also.

Sat-asat-vilakṣanam means: The superimposed vastu is neither sat
(trikālabādhya like Brahman) nor asat (like hare's horn). What is stated as
'traikālika atyanta asat in the locus' also means this alone. The
difference between hare's horn type asat and this traikālika.....asat is
that the former cannot have pratīyamānatvam in any locus (that is, no one
can have the experience of perceiving a hare's horn anywhere) and the
latter is that it is perceived in a locus, just as a snake in a rope.  The
Dvaitin scholars know this well.

regards
subbu