[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-511 to 1-524

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 11:46:54 EDT 2017

Knowledge's validity is not because it is generated by pramANa, its
validity derives from it not being subsequently sublated. On the contrary,
one of the conditions for means to be pramANa is that it produces pramA.

If the original knowledge was pramA when it was stored in memory, and
provided that it is recollected correctly, the memory is a valid
recollection of events that occurred in the past. One need not postulate
memory being a valid pramANa for it to produce an accurate recollection of
the past.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan