[Advaita-l] Pitru Rina and progeny

Gerald Penn gpenn at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Jun 23 11:28:27 EDT 2017

‎
Mundaka, yes, of course.
 I don't read brahmajnana into this passage either, although now that you mention it, I am uncertain whether taking sannyasa counts as a karma comparable to agnihotra that would involve these other generations. What do you think?
 The commentary I was reading is not Shankara's. In addition to disagreeing about how many generations are involved (7 or 15), it also specifically mentions sharing in the (de)merit of agnihotra performance, not the conferral of such. So there does seem to be disagreement on this point as well.

Thanks,
Gerald
‎