[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-10 to 1-13

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 04:07:48 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> > In Dvaita there is a svarupa sharira for the jiva which will never
> > cease to be and will continue in moksha. With that sharira which has
> > mind, sense organs, etc which is all chinmātra, the jiva will enjoy
> > all sense pleasures and engage in devotional practices in moksha.
>

> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Interesting .. the jIva is never free from adhyAsa ( in moksha too )
>
> >  Interestingly in Advaita also there seems  a grade in jeeva-s
> (upAdhi-s) even after jnana

Essentially, here, a brahmavit is free from all adhyAsa, at the very onset
of aikya jnAna ..and not comparable to the dvaitin's jIva , rt?

> and there is a difference among  paramAtma, ordinary jeeva  and specially
> eligible jeeva-s.  In sUtra bhAshya third adhyAya (?? Not sure) shankara
> talks about jnAni-s punarjanma.

Any knowledgeable ones, pl share the exact ref ?

> Here he clarifies most of the jnAni -jeeva-s would get merged themselves
> in brahman  (like clean water merging with clean water) as soon as they
> exhaust the prArabdha.  But some special jnAni-jeeva-s like apAntaratama
> would take the next janma with the remnants of their prArabdha  (as vyAsa)
> as per the instruction of paramAtma.  So, here contextually we have to
> understand there is a difference among ordinary jnAni, special jnAni and
> paramAtma and there will be a dialogue between paramAtma and these special
> jeeva-s to fulfill the particular cause in srushti etc.

Even if such a difference is admitted (vyavahAra), it is never from tattva
dRSTi..where Brahman alone eternally is ..ekam eva adviteeyam