[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-10 to 1-13

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 23:20:15 EDT 2017

Apologies for replying to myself, but perhaps you meant bhAva-vyutpattiH of
the noun when you said "verb". That threw me off. Anyway, its still a noun,
but with karaNa-vyutpattiH as derived from NijantakartA from quoted
pippalAda shrUti.

I don't think the usage is any different than how AV takes it as seen in
the bhAShya so: तथा वेदाः — साध्यसाधनसम्बन्धाभिधायकाः, but Bhashyakara says
that since there is no karma involved "here", in this state, at this time,
there is no scope for application of Vedas, which are मन्त्रलक्षणाश्च
अभिधायकत्वेन कर्माङ्गभूताः, अधीताः अध्येतव्याश्च — कर्मनिमित्तमेव
सम्बध्यन्ते पुरुषेण ; तत्कर्मातिक्रमणात् एतस्मिन्काले वेदा अपि अवेदाः
सम्पद्यन्ते ।

​gurupAdukAbhyAm
,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */