[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-14 to 1-16

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 03:15:42 EDT 2017

Namaste Venkateshji,

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <

> Vadiraja now continues with objection against Niraakaara Brahman of the
> Advaitis.
> If Brahman is without Form it is like saying He has missing organs and
> deficiencies like blind, deaf, dumb, impotent people and so on. Therefore
> all the scolding words will apply for Him. Vadiraja is indirectly saying we
> have to worship God with Form having all organs.
> ​...​
>

> If you accept Brahman is Nirguna - without qualities He will be OBJECT of
> all abusive words people in the world accept to use for a person without
> good qualities. People will say a person is Nirguna if he has no Vidya, no
> humility, no pity for suffering people, no rules and conduct, no
> cleanliness, no generosity, no courage, no bravery and so on. If there is
> no Sadguna - good qualities in Brahman all these abusive words will
> apply for Para Brahman.

This is laughable and beyond ridiculous. vitaNDavAda is what it is, since
I'm sure Vadiraja is not ignorant of Shruti vAkyas of nirguNabrahma! He is
comparing apples and oranges. I'm shocked that it is a well-respected work
in Dvaita!

Anyway, it just confirms that Dvaitins do not even care to understand the
Tattvabodha of AV.

​
​
Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
​