[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-10 to 1-13

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 22:34:47 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Srinathji,
>
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l <
>
> > On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <
> >

> > > What is the point of such study to learn what you know from birth that
> > you
> > > are limited entity different from an limitless Ishvara. There is no
> logic
> > > necessary to establish dvaita, it is anubhava-siddha for all and
> > therefore,
> > > even Shruti is not a pramANa.
> >

> > How is that it is your knowledge 'I am different from Ishvara' is
> > anubhava-siddha ?
>
> Since limitedness is anubhavasiddha

This is true. Shankara has said in the Br.up. Bhashya: 5.1.1:

 न हि द्वैतम् अद्वैतं वा वस्तु जातमात्रमेव पुरुषं ज्ञापयित्वा पश्चात्कर्म
वा ब्रह्मविद्यां वा उपदिशति शास्त्रम् ; न च उपदेशार्हं द्वैतम् ,
जातमात्रप्राणिबुद्धिगम्यत्वात् ;

Every being knows its limited nature without being instructed . Even
atheists do not claim that they are infinite. They only deny a supreme
power higher than themselves.

And when Shruti teaches that Ishwara is infinite and if it also teaches
that the jiva is in truth finite, then there is the flaw of
vastu-paricchedatva for Ishwara and thereby His infinitude stands negated.

vs