[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: World is mind alone: Shankara

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 13:56:14 EDT 2017

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <

> Namaste
>
> In Yoga Vasistha it is said Mano Manana Nirmaana Maatrameva Jagat Trayam.
> Mind's Thoughts = Universe. The entire Universe is only a Thought in the
> Mind of Saadhaka. What is Mind? It is a product of Avidyaa. Therefore this
> Universe is only because of Avidyaa and it is not real.

Yes, being a product of avidyā, the mind itself is admitted to be
avidyā/māyā śakti in Eka jiva vāda. I do not recall the textual reference,
but this page is quite informative/helpful:

http://happinessofbeing.blogspot.in/2016/11/what-is-correct-meaning-of-ajata-vada.html

regards
vs