[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: World is mind alone: Shankara

Sanju Nath sanjivendra at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 08:00:38 EDT 2017

The following questions still come to mind:

1. Hiranyagarbha, the cosmic mind, projects the universe
or
2. the individual mind projects the universe because the universe disappears during sushupti.
or
3. Both of the above are valid and are two different prakriyas of overcoming our ignorance of Brahman?

To understand the samashti cosmic mind, it helps to understand the  vyashti individual mind, but question remained for me: both cosmic mind and individual mind have the same functionality of projecting the universe, since the universe resolves in our sushpti?

But we also have the view that functionalities of both the cosmic samashti and vyashti mind are different - cosmic mind projects, individual mind perceives the projection.

Is it not possible to answer these questions with the limitation of vocabulary as highlighted below?

Thank you,
Sanju