[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jul 27 06:29:11 EDT 2017

(Similarly Shankara considers brahman as the sole cause of creation at one place and at another place he inexplicably brings in a shakti without which brahman cannot do anything.)

praNAms Sri Kalyan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I picked the coffee cup or my hand picked the coffee cup or by controlling (moving) my hand I picked the coffee cup or I used my hand to pick the coffee cup up or without using my hand I cannot pick the coffee cup up ...can we assume different persons in these statements?? No, it is the 'act' of single person defined differently that's it.   When brahman is depicted as srushtikarta his svabhAva of sarvajnatvaM and sarvashaktitvaM will be highlighted, when there is no srushti or prior to creation this Shakti is inherent and invisible (avyakta) in him.  In short, mAya is not the borrowed power of brahman or external tool of brahman to do the creation work.  Both Shakti and Shakta abhinnatvaM quite evident in shankara's sUtra bhAshya.  And mAya and avidyA are not synonyms atleast in my Advaita dictionary :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar