[Advaita-l] Fw: Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 20:42:14 EDT 2017

Namaste Adityaji,

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Aditya Kumar <kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com>
wrote:
​

I'll not respond to the earlier elaboration of yours, which is just a
repetition of your previous post disregarding the reference of Bhashya and
Tika I had given.
​

> As pointed out before, Gaudapada is only talking about the commonality
> between dream and waking state is perception

​Exactly what everyone here has been saying. This *is* DSV.​

> (S-O, duality) alone,

​I don't know what this is.​

> wrt Paramartha of course.

No, w.r.t. each other, they are sublated.​ And both are sublated in
deep-sleep. Don't forget that and make a jump to Paramartha. Its a
avasthA-traya-viveka, not paramArtha-vyavahAra vivekA that you seem to
think it is.

> No where does he say both are of the same status.

What part of "​seeing dream in both states/ both are dream alone"​ quoted
earlier from Bhashya didn't mean that both are of the same status to you?

*My response A* : Again, Both refs are pointing towards paramartha.

> ​My goodness, now I see your confusion as to calling DSV wrong: you are
landing a wrong sAdhya from the right hetu! I suppose there is hope though.
​SDV also is pointing only to paramArtha by saying that everything is a
kArya and brahmAtmA is kAraNa. DSV says everything is a perception, I,
brahmAtmA am the only existent truth. Somehow, you didn't make that jump
with SDV, but easily made the jump with DSV prakriyA, thereby proving that
DSV is a shortcut method insisted by everyone here!

Thanks, I'm done with that. om tat sat

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--praveen