[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 12:14:14 EDT 2017

Namaste Chandramouliji,
To be honest, I have only read the slokas of Chapter 9 briefly, so if you
have studied them to a great extent, please correct any misunderstanding I
have.

I am unable to figure out the basis for your argument that the number of
sattAs of DSV and SDV (as elucidated in the anubhUti prakAsha) are the same.

After saying that there are two paths to mokshA, the chora dvAra (DSV) and
mahA dvAra (SDV) in slokas 44-47, sloka 48 says that drishTi srishTi is
going to be talked about. Slokas 49-52 give the details of DSV.

If you look at sloka 52 in particular, "seyam prAtItikI sriShTistasmaajAtA
tata: svayam | jagatkartA parAtmeti kshaNAd balOpi budhyate" - the
description of creation as prAtItiki clearly says that creation (and thus
the objects of creation also) is pratIti mAtram, ie prAtibhAsikam. There is
no reference to another vyAvahArika sriShTi. That being the case, why do
you say that this DSV has three sattAs - which is the basis for you
claiming that this DSV is really SDV?

Regards,
Venkatraghavan