[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 10:17:44 EDT 2017

Namaste Chandramouliji,

>> Reg  << This conclusion is not justified on the evidence presented. A
>> comment by one AchArya on the position taken by another AchArya in one work
>> does not invalidate the other AchArya's position in another work. >>,
>>

>> Again I don’t understand. I am talking of the same Acharya, Swami
>> Vidyaranya, presenting the same prakriyA in two different works, as
>> clarified above.
>>
> It is not the same prakriyA though, it is two different prakriyAs in two
different works. In the anubhUti prakAsha he is describing DSV, in
panchadashi he is describing in SDV. The fact that he endorses SDV in
panchadashi does not invalidate his endorsement of DSV in anubhUti prakAsha.

>> Reg  << I am a little lost on how does it mean that Sw. Vidyaranya never
>> endorsed DSV? >>,
>>

>> No. I did not mean it that way. This was the only one presented so far as
>> evidence that Swami Vidyaranya has endorsed DSV.  I agree I cannot say that
>> he has not endorsed it elsewhere.

Which was the reason I said your comment "If confirmed, then the understanding
that Swami Vidyaranya has endorsed DSV (any version) would not be correct."
is not correct based on this piece of evidence.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan