[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 14:11:51 EDT 2017

Dear Aditya,

I've kept out of this discussion so far. I'll just make a couple of points.

1. That Madhusudana Sarasvati (or any other author in the advaita
tradition, for that matter) says something differently from Sankara
bhagavatpAda doesn't mean it is a contradiction.

2. While it is good to read what previous scholars have said, and to quote
them, it is not good to substitute citation of such secondary sources for
an in depth study of original texts.

The reason I'm saying these two things is that there is no substitute for
trying to understand Sankara bhagavatpAda's teachings from the original
granthas. There's a lot of misunderstanding of what he actually says about
bhakti, for instance, and people are prone to seeing contradictions where
none exist.

That said, try to consolidate what you want to say and say it clearly,
instead of writing out numerous posts per day. We do have a guideline of
not exceeding two posts per member per day.

Best regards,
Vidyasankar

On Jul 25, 2017 10:52 AM, "Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l" <