[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 22:00:53 EDT 2017

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l <

> That's interesting. Thanks. In my humble opinion, this weakens the case
> for DSV/DSP. Although I wonder how DSV is much preferable for Upasana, when
> Tat Tvam Asi itself is difficult to accommodate. Not just that, there is no
> role for Ishwara in DSV and so the aspirant has to do upasana on his/her
> own self. Whether the upasana is on Eka Jiva or Eka Atma, probably each to
> their own!

Oh, another bout of confusion: On the one hand you aver that Madhusudana
has advocated a distinct bhakti marga differing thereby from Shankara and
on the other you also complain that MS has proposed an un-Shankaran DSV. If
DSV has no room for Ishwara, how does this gel with MS's bhakti marga?

vs