[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 08:12:57 EDT 2017

Namaste

If you take Vyakarana Sastra there Panini is the Master. Vararuchi wrote
his Vartika but in many places he is not agreeing with Panini and in some
places he has removed Panini sutras. In some places he has corrected
Panini. In others he has explained Panini very nicely. Then Patanjali has
written Mahabhashya and in some places he has defended Panini and in some
places he has agreed with Vararuchi. That is why they say उत्तरोत्तरमुनीनां
प्रमाणम् The next Muni is more correct than previous Muni.

This is the tradition. Nothing wrong in Vyaakhyaanakaara correcting and
adding explanations to Bhaashyakaara. Silly people think we should not
touch Bhashyakaara at all.

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 3:49 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

Regards

-Venkatesh