[Advaita-l] marxism & advaita

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 09:30:13 EDT 2017

Namaste

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> Dear Scholars,
>
> A friend asked me whether one can be a marxist and at the same time follow
> the
> tenets of advaita siddhanta.
>
> Any pointers to this.  I couldn't answer this typical question.

If someone is a Marxist it means he does not believe in God and he does not
follow Sanatana Dharma. He is like a foreigner and outside Varnashrama.
Therefore he can study books like Avadhuta Gita, Ashtavakra Gita, Yoga
Vasishtha, Adhyatma Ramayana and so on and get Advaita Knowledge. He should
not study Upanishads because they are a part of Vedas. But he can read
translations and attend lectures in English and local languages.

> regs,
> sriram

Regards

-Venkatesh