[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 13:11:17 EDT 2017

...Just another point I missed which I have stated earlier on this list
which agrees with what you said: every aspect of the example cannot and
should not match the exemplified. If every point matches, its not similar
to the example, it would be the same as exemplified.

Bhashyakara defines what an example is in Chandogya mantra 6.4.1
so: उदाहरणं नाम एकदेशप्रसिद्ध्या अशेषप्रसिद्ध्यर्थमुदाह्रियत इति । An
example/ illustration means that which is quoted for the establishment of
the whole, by establishing one part.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */