[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Eka Jeeva Vaada Criticism - Slokas 3-677 to 3-691

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 09:26:29 EDT 2017

Namaste

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 6:37 PM, sreenivasa murthy <narayana145 at yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> Dear Sri Venkatesh Murthy,
>
> You write : "Therefore that one Drashta is the one Jeeva in this world."
>
> Kindly refer to the mantras 3-7-23 and 3-8-11 of Bruhadaranyaka Upanishad
> wherein it has been categorically stated that akShara/ Brahman/ Atman alone
> is the seer. Sri Gaudapada writes : turIyaM sarvadRuk sadA ||  How to do
> *samanvaya* of your statement with the above quoted mantras? Please help
> me in this matter.
> Thanking you.

No problem. Drashta means Brahman only. The same Brahman has become a Jeeva
because of His own Avidyaa. If objection is how can Brahman have Avidyaa it
is said the Avidyaa is not real. The Brahman becoming Jeeva is also a
Vivarta like Brahman becoming the World. It is not Parinaama like Mud
becoming Pot but Vivarta like Rope becoming Snake.

Suddha Brahman cannot be Drashta also because Drashta means there is a
Drushya Vastu otherwise what will Drashta see? There will be Druk Drushya
Duality.

> With respectful namaskars,
> Sreenivasa Murthy

> *From:* Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-