[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 08:21:02 EDT 2017

All those who are at present considering

> the SDV, an adhyaropa, as the truth, will have to eventually come to DSV,
> naturally.   They may postpone the transition but can never avoid it. There
> are no 'this or that' alternative in Vedanta; it is 'only DSV' as the
> ultimate path.
> regards
> subbu
>
> Dear Subbuji,

Apologies for wading into this conversation - I have not been following the
details of the various arguments, but could you please explain your
statement that a person who holds on to srishTa drishTi has to necessarily
come to drishTa srishTi before attaining moksha? I am not saying it is
incorrect, I am only trying to understand.

Could the order not be: 1) I see creation. 2) What I see is an appearance
3) Therefore there is no creation 4) I am all there is.

Why would there have to be an intermediary step "Whatever I see is there
because of my seeing" which would make DSV a necessary step before
culmination. Once I conclude that what is seen is an appearance, why is it
necessary to attribute an causal agent for that appearance? If no causal
agency is needed, there is no necessity for drishTa srishTi to follow
srishTa drishTi before moksha.

Thank you.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan