[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 14:18:01 EDT 2017

On 17 Jul 2017 23:25, "Aditya Kumar" <kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Shankara has said this in respect of what is decisively known by pratyaksha
cannot be annulled by the shruti. You are applying that to a wrong
situation. Krishna in the BG has said: samshayaatma vinashyati.
shraddhaavaan labhate jnanam.

A : But we know by pratyaksha that there are multitude of jivas. Between
the two of us, who is a Jiva and who isn't?

In your imagination only you are a sajiva jiva and all others are nirjiva
jivas. That is ekajiva vada.

Since you have not cared to do a proper research you make the above shallow
claim. In the English book 'Sridakshinamurti stotram' Vol. I, published by
the Sringeri Sharada Peetham, pages 217 onwards has a very detailed
discussion of the Ekajivavada which is also known as the DSV. You can see a
wide variety of authors/works cited there, apart from the Vedanta siddhanta
muktavali.

A : Sir, how can we consider an author's independent opinion view as a
proof?

It is not his opinion but the stated works that Advaita tradition considers
authentic.

regards
vs