[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 13:55:32 EDT 2017

Shankara has said this in respect of what is decisively known by pratyaksha cannot be annulled by the shruti. You are applying that to a wrong situation. Krishna in the BG has said: samshayaatma vinashyati. shraddhaavaan labhate jnanam.
A : But we know by pratyaksha that there are multitude of jivas. Between the two of us, who is a Jiva and who isn't?
Since you have not cared to do a proper research you make the above shallow claim. In the English book 'Sridakshinamurti stotram' Vol. I, published by the Sringeri Sharada Peetham, pages 217 onwards has a very detailed discussion of the Ekajivavada which is also known as the DSV. You can see a wide variety of authors/works cited there, apart from the Vedanta siddhanta muktavali.
A : Sir, how can we consider an author's independent opinion view as a proof?
regardsvs