[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 07:01:20 EDT 2017

Namaste

Very rightly said. DSV and EJV is difficult for dull minds. They should
concentrate on SDV. Adhikari Bheda should be recognised and respected. DSV
requires very mature and balanced mind and it is very rare in modern people
caught up in material world.

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 at 4:00 PM, Nithin Sridhar via Advaita-l <

> The way I see it, while Srishti-Drishti is good as a philosophy to explain
> the world, need for Moksha etc. especially to those in Pravritti marga, a
> Mumukshu will invariably have to travel through Drishti-Sristi before
> reaching the ultimate state of Jnana (which is Ajati).
>
> Thus, while SDV appeals to mundane and the Jivanmuktas remain established
> in Ajati-V, it is the Mumukshu's for whom DSV has greatest relevance.
>
> Regards,
> Nithin
>
> <
> >
> Virus-free.
> <

> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <
>
> > Namaste Subbuji,
> > ​
> > On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 12:18 PM, V Subrahmanian <
> v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > An advaita sadhaka, by default, will have to go through the eka jiva
> vada
> > > prkriya alone, before arriving at the destination.
> > >

> > Very well said, a thinking I wholeheartedly agree with.​​ This is
> precisely
> > what I indicated in my earlier post to Adityaji that SDV should land on
> > aikya without the dream example to stand on its two feet. I will reply to
> > Adityaji's objection to that separately next, as to how people are wrong
> > think that DSV avoids Shruti.
> >
> > Kind rgds,
> > --Praveen R. Bhat
> > /* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know
> > That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
> >
> > For assistance, contact:
> > listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org
> >

> --
> Nithin S