[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Nithin Sridhar sridhar.nithin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 06:29:54 EDT 2017

The way I see it, while Srishti-Drishti is good as a philosophy to explain
the world, need for Moksha etc. especially to those in Pravritti marga, a
Mumukshu will invariably have to travel through Drishti-Sristi before
reaching the ultimate state of Jnana (which is Ajati).

Thus, while SDV appeals to mundane and the Jivanmuktas remain established
in Ajati-V, it is the Mumukshu's for whom DSV has greatest relevance.

Regards,
Nithin

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Subbuji,
>> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 12:18 PM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > An advaita sadhaka, by default, will have to go through the eka jiva vada
> > prkriya alone, before arriving at the destination.
> >

> Very well said, a thinking I wholeheartedly agree with.​​ This is precisely
> what I indicated in my earlier post to Adityaji that SDV should land on
> aikya without the dream example to stand on its two feet. I will reply to
> Adityaji's objection to that separately next, as to how people are wrong to
> think that DSV avoids Shruti.
>
> Kind rgds,
> --Praveen R. Bhat
> /* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know
> That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

Nithin S