[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 06:17:57 EDT 2017

Namaste Chandramouliji,

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 3:01 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Reg  << Bhamatikara
>
> Vachaspati Mishra accepts DSV with NJV not EJV. That is not to say that he
> ​is against DSV. Someone who has Bhamati reference for this may kindly
> quote the same, since I haven't studied Bhamati text proper.>>,
>

> I am not sure if  the following meets with the reference you have asked
> for. Prof Suryanarayana Shastri, in his introduction to Bhamati, observes
> as follows.  Quote
>
> ​...​
>

> Looks like Bhamati resorts to SDV and not DSV.

​Thanks for your quotations, but it is not what I am looking for. You are
proving that Bhamati uses SDV, which I have no doubts about. I am looking
at a quotation where Bhamati agrees that DSV is possible but with NJV, not
with EJV. I asked my Acharyaji who confirmed this, but he couldn't quote as
to where it occurs in Bhamati, hence the question.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
​