[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 15:11:11 EDT 2017

Yes, I too understand Advaita as expounded by Vachaspati Misra. He is the foremost in Advaita lineage.

    On Saturday, 15 July 2017 12:01 AM, Praveen R. Bhat <bhatpraveen at gmail.com> wrote:

 Namaste Adityaji,​
On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 11:29 PM, Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita- vedanta.org> wrote:
 He has differentiated the standard Vedanta view from Drishti-srishti vada very well.

Very well? I think not. In any case standard, normal, etc, are also ridiculous adjectives to Vedanta. What ought to be standard or normal cannot be defined by an onlooker or an outsider from the tradition. What is agreed by the stalwarts of orthodox tradition such as Sw. Vidyaranya, Appayya Dikshita, etc, cannot be said to be non-standard.
Perhaps, a better set of words to use would be "more popular". And more popular doesn't make the less-popular wrong.

​​Kind rgds,--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */