[Advaita-l] Regarding Padmanabhaswamy

Venkata Subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 02:20:46 EDT 2017

Many points closer in principle - that Ramanuja stands out as a philosopher - but from various Chola period inscriptional, literary evidences what we clearly know (says Dr. Nagaswamy) is that there is no evidence of persecution by Chola or anyone; rather there are evidences to the contrary.  In fact, Dr. Nagaswamy explains that there is no inscriptional evidence that Ramanuja had any active role in that temple; and the various legends playing a victim card are quite curious on the face of what these historical evidences we get.
In fact Dr. Nagaswamy points out - how in the Apashurdradhikarana it is Ramanuja who takes a stern stand as compared to how Bhagavadpada has explained things.
The whole work (Ramanuja - Myth and Reality) is worth a read.
Once a Jeer had come to our Housing Society here for the house warming of his shishyas.  When he saw me (a smartha) that jeer told in his speech.....we have Panini etc. who are tatasha ....unlike these Advaitins.  I could easily feel I was like a oddman in that crowd.
An aberration here:- I in fact requested Dr. Nagaswamy if he can write a similar exposition on Bhagavadpada too.  He said his work is underway.

Thanks & Regards, Venkat. Sadgurubhyo Namah.