[Advaita-l] 'somaH pavate....' Rg.Veda 9.5

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 22:32:25 EDT 2017

> PraNAms to all
>
> I do not understand this over emphasis in terms of Shiva or Vishnu etc in
> this Advaita lists. I find so many posts on this aspect while we all
> understand personification of Iswara in a form is meant for worship.

Dear Sada ji,

I understand and appreciate the sentiment behind your post. I am copying
below what is stated in the Advaita l information page:

//The purpose of Advaita-L is to discuss advaita-vedAnta as taught by SrI
Sankara and the smArta sampradAya.

Through these discussions, we hope to increase the understanding of our
dharma from a traditional stand point which shankara maTha-s uphold right
from the time of their inception.//

Hence apart from core Advaita, other topics too are discussed in this
forum. Shankara's philosophy does not differentiate between Hari and Hara
and hence in order to clarify the position of Advaita with regard to
various Shruti and Smriti, etc. passages, posts of this nature are also
finding space here.

As you have correctly observed, Shankara does say in the Brahma sutra
bhashya that Brahman takes on a Maayic form to bless the aspirant.

warm regards
subbu

warm regards