[Advaita-l] Dayanand Saraswathi interview - Very interesting stand taken by Swami

Kripa Shankar kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 05:13:00 CST 2017

Namaste Bhaskar,

As this was the first time I was speaking to him and considering that I am a complete stranger to him asking away questions out of the blue, I thought it was proper to address only the main issue. He was kind enough to answer all the  questions to my satisfaction. ‎Although I did mention the issue about astika - nAstika aspect that crops up in such cases as RM, he didn't specifically address that.

But it is clear now that anyone can claim RM to be a jnAni, Jivanmukta, Maharshi etc. I was only trying to criticize from that angle(shAstra).
‎
‎As for criticising  the philosophy is concerned, we can never reach a conclusion in a debate and so it's futile. For whatever it's worth, I'll probably pen down my observations and share it. In fact, looking back, I feel Dayanand Saraswathi has made the best judgement on RM. ‎

I am not desperately behind RM (as you may have suggested). He is the flag bearer of the neovedantins (just my opinion) and hence my doubts.

Regards
Kripa ‎

yo vedAdau svaraH prokto vedAnte cha pratiShThitaH |
tasya prakRRiti-lInasya yaH parassa maheshvaraH ||