[Advaita-l] Mantras for daily chanting

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 00:42:26 CST 2017

Namaste

Yes VS is good also but it will take more time and for same benefit in
less time Raama Mantra is the best.

In the Rama Purva Tapaniya Upanishad -

Ramante Yogino Anante Nityaanande Cidaatmani | Iti Raamapadenaasau
ParaBrahmaabhidheeyate || The Yogis rejoice in the Infinite and
Eternal Bliss Consciousness Para Brahman. That Para Brahman is
indicated by the Raama word. Raama is the name of Para Brahman itself.
What more do you want?

Raama Mantra is simple 'Sri Raama Raama Raama' and any person can
chant it without restrictions. One day Hanuman was flying over a place
and he heard one person after getting relieved of constipation in the
toilet saying Raama Raama. Hanuman became angry and hit him on the
head because he was saying Raama Naama in a impure place. But when
Hanuman went to see Raama He was complaining of head ache. He said
because you hit my Bhakta in the head my head is paining. Moral of
story is Raama Naama is so sacred it will not become impure in any
place or time.

But Veda Mantras are not like that. We have to be very pure and on
some days like Anadhyayana days like Pratipat Veda Mantras are
prohibited though you can say them in Puja and Nitya Karmas.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh