[Advaita-l] Dayanand Saraswathi interview - Very interesting stand taken by Swami

Kripa Shankar kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 12:40:12 CST 2017

I will divulge the full credentials of the scholar, you may pose any questions you may have. No, I don't know anything about ganapathi muni. Because I am not aware of any of his notable works in the field. However I know that he regularly comes up in discussion related to RM, by RM's own sources.

So you are saying that any body who is not a Vedantin, even such a one can get mukti. That's interesting. So mukti is not limited to Veda / Vedanta. I also have a slight doubt here. Mukti as I understand is dependent on jnana nishta. Jnana nishtha is basically abidance in mahavAkya. So in this janma, if not an elaborate study, at least mahavAkya should be contemplated upon. Is it not? For that a guru is necessary or not? Or if you say mahavaakya is not necessary, then the Vedas / Vedanta takes a back seat because jnana is independent of it.

In order to continue what was unfinished, we have to continue in the * same order *. If I am going to Kashmir  from Bangalore, I can't tread one route today and change the route tomorrow. I have to continue in the same path until I reach the destination. Until and unless one studies Vedanta in this birth(at least a little), there is no way to conclude that a person would have studied it in previous births. Suppose I have read a book today and I want to write a review of that. But for some reason, I couldn't complete it today so I delay it till tomorrow. Tomorrow when I get up, I have to write the review to the book that I read yesterday, not any other. I can't say that my review is Independent of the book itself.
‎
Jnana is dependent on Vedanta. So a jnAni would necessarily have to be a Vedantin because there can be no effect without a cause. The effect cannot be independent of the cause. Further many on this forum opine that we cannot conclude if a person is jnAni or not. So there is no consensus on this matter.

Regards
Kripa ‎

yo vedAdau svaraH prokto vedAnte cha pratiShThitaH |
tasya prakRRiti-lInasya yaH parassa maheshvaraH ||