[Advaita-l] Tasya bhaasaa sarvam idam vibhaati

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 20:55:40 CST 2017

PraNAms
Someone in the facebook - posted this quote of Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi.
Even from physics point one cannot see the light. One can only see the light reflected by an object. One cannot really see the object too - other than its reflected image that forms on the retina and transmitted by the nerves system to the brain in terms of Electrical signals. If there are no objects to reflect then the presence of light cannot be RECOGNIZED. Similarly without the mind present the pure all pervading consciousness cannot be RECOGNIZED.

God has bless us with program code to convert the electrical signal to software - called vRitti or thought. The tools of physics have are no more useful to go beyond the electrical signals.

Here is Shree Ramana's statement:

"We are so engrossed with the objects or appearances revealedby the light, that we pay no attention to the light. In the waking or dreamstate in which things appear, and in the sleep state in which we see nothing,there is always the light of Consciousness or Self, like the hall lamp which isalways burning. The thing to do is to concentrate on the seer and not on theseen, not on the objects, but on the Light which reveals them. ~ Sri RamanaMaharsh.
Looks like he does not need any certification from others about what realization involves.

Vidyaranya discusses some of these aspects in the 11th Ch. of Panchadashi that we are currently doing on line.

Panchadashi-Ch.11 by Acharya Sadaji

|   |
Panchadashi-Ch.11 by Acharya Sadaji
 Watch Acharya Sadaji's Panchadashi-Ch.11 on Livestream.com.  |   |

Hari Om!Sadananda