[Advaita-l] Dayanand Saraswathi interview - Very interesting stand taken by Swami

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 20:05:20 CST 2017

Namaste Kripaji,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 10:11 PM, Kripa Shankar <
kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Both references are unsubstantiated. If the Sringeri journal really
> supported the claim, there are two more things we have to consider. 1) Was
> it a guest post and 2) was the Sringeri guru aware of such an article being
> published? This is because, there is no direct evidence whatsoever! ‎If
> however, the Sringeri guru really acknowledged ramana as a saint, I'd be
> really surprised. Kind of like the whole world becoming upside down.

Not if its already upside down for you and turning it around will make it
right. :)

> I'll probably stop the study / practice of Vedanta in this life.

Far from it! It would be all the more reason to study seriously for your
pursuit of the truth about Atma, than to prove the truth" about others. And
by study of Vedanta, I mean traditional study under a teacher, not
self-styled study, which is no different than Neovedanta. Then you will
hopefully not jump to favourite conclusions. For example, HH did not say
that Maharshi was not a jivanmukta, but you read that anyway.
Hypothetically assuming that HH did say it, you said Maharshi was not a
jnAni then. Such conclusions are way off orthodox Vedanta, that you claim
to be a follower of. Please do yourself a favour and live up to the claim
by studying further, even if you are already studying.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */