[Advaita-l] Dayanand Saraswathi interview - Very interesting stand taken by Swami

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 06:34:36 CST 2017

Namaste Kripaji,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Kripa Shankar <kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
> wrote:
>

> I completely understand your (and the forum's sentiments) with regards to
> Ramana. Hence I did not add any comment but merely shared the link which I
> stumbled upon. Let me make it abundantly clear that I do not subscribe to
> the blogger's introductory remark(conclusions/implied / whatever). I was
> only interested β€Žin the views of Dayanand Saraswathi.β€Ž

I hope you're also interested in the views of Chinmayanandaji, who was
Swamiji's guru. Please read the comment posted by someone on that very
blog. :)

> β€Žβ€Ž
> As you said that, you regard Dayanand Saraswathi greatly, it is clear then
> that you should acknowledge what he is saying, not me.

Let me also have an opinion about what you should acknowledge. How about
views of earlier Shankaracharyas of Sringeri and Kanchi, assuming you
respect them greatly, who commented positively on the Maharshi?

> The Swamiji makes a distinction between a Vedantin and a mystic. I don't
> want to elaborate on this topic, but just gave clarification.

I know exactly what Swamiji says, since I have studied Vedanta under him
and his disciples for a good while. And I safely assume that you don't. If
you think that is a distinction made by him about Bhagavan Ramana, why
would he teach Upadesha Saram and write a commentary on it?! And Upadesha
Saram itself would then mean the essence of the "mystic's teaching"! :)

ramaNArpaNamastu,
--praveen