[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Works of Sri Vidyashankara

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 11:39:36 CST 2017

Dear Subbuji,

Yes, in the beginning  it appeared like that to me also and that is why I wondered if Sri Vidyashankara, considered by many to be an avatara of Adi Shankara, could have been the author of the Bhagavadgitabhashya. Thanks to a member of the group, who let us know about the paper of Aiyengar, On going through that I realized that it was not Sri Vidyashankara, but Sri Abhinava Shankara (also considered an avatara of Adi Shankaracharya), was the person, who composed the Bhagavadgitabhashya. I understand some advaitins consider Sri Abhinava Shankara to be no lesser scholar that Adi Shankara.

Regards,
Sunil KB