[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Works of Sri Vidyashankara

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 13:27:48 CST 2017

Dear friends,

Mahabharata did say that  the Bhagavad gita had 745 verses and Lord Krishna was attributed 620 verses etc. I have  never changed my statement and only given the detail about the number of verses attributed to Lord Krishna in the second mail.

As regards the Critical edition of the Mahabharata I have written in the past many times that the chief editor of the critical edition, Dr. Sukhtankar, made the decision that only those verses which were common in all versions will be included in the critical edition. The rest of the verses will be added as extra. But unfortunately for him (Dr. Sukhtankar), when he gave the last four-lectures series of talk on the Mahabharata, in the Asiatic Siciety in Bombay (Mumbai), he could deliver the first three and expired in the morning of the fourth day, when the last lecture was to be delivered. The editor of the series of these lectures included the Dr. Sukhtankar's note of the fourth lecture to be delivered and added the preface to the booklet, in which the all the details of the lectures were included. . The editor mentioned in the preface, that Dr. Sukhtankara negated all that he was upholding during the making of the critical edition that the the verses not commonly found were not authentic.

It appears to me that the shock was too much on Dr, Sukhtankar at the late realization of his folly as he quoted in the lecture, mostly the verses which he earlier thought to be not genuine, and the poor man had a heart attack in the morning, he was to deliver the last lecture.

Now, my request to moderatorji :

I do  not want to continue on this topic with Kaul. If it is personal mail he can write to my personal mail. If he writes to the group let him address his mails to all the members. . But if Mr. kaul makes false accuasations as he had several times in the past,   please do  not stop me from replying and exposing him.  THis is my request

Regards,
Sunil KB