[Advaita-l] Has Shankaracharya claimed he is Shiva incarnate?

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Wed Jan 4 11:23:58 CST 2017

Namaste,

Though not explicitly, but, indirect mention is found in the 3rd shloka of
shivAnanda-lahari. (as told to me by my Sanskrit teacher)

त्रयी-वेद्यं हृद्यं त्रि-पुर-हरम् आद्यं त्रि-नयनं
जटा-भारोदारं चलद्-उरग-हारं मृग धरम्
महा-देवं देवं मयि सदय-भावं पशु-पतिं
चिद्-आलम्बं साम्बं शिवम्-अति-विडम्बं हृदि भजे ..............(3)

Bhagavatpada, while referring to Himself, uses the word
"मयि सदय-भावं" ie., exhibited compassion towards Him.

My teacher told me that as Sankara was born with the grace of
of Shiva and as he took birth in the womb of Aryamba endowed with
Shiva's kaLa, He considered Himself blessed.

regs,
Sriram