[Advaita-l] त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:51:13 EST 2017

// For what? उर्वारुकमिव बंधनात् मृत्योर्मुक्षीय – protection from death
like the cucumber / melon protected by its stem
// (मुक्षीय) माsमृतात्   and not from immortality

// All of a sudden, why has cucumber / melon come in?  Are there no better
comparables? उर्वारुकम् has other meaning. उर्वा + अरुकम्.  उर्वा
 // means big and अरुकम् means disease.  Now, this उर्वारुकम् is adjective
to मृत्यु.  A big disease called death is holding me – Oh Rudra!
// Please protect me.  This is the inner meaning.

Can this be elaborated /explained further with the analogy used ?

Thanks

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 3:40 PM, girish girish via Advaita-l <