[Advaita-l] pariNAma and vivarta discussion

Kripa Shankar kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:42:54 EST 2017

Namaste,

In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, the attainments of a Yogi are described in brief. But one of the main impediments for attaining perfection is following false doctrines / incorrect understanding. There is Siddhanta and there is also sAdhana. To understand the siddhanta itself , we need prior sAdhana. In my opinion, without the right samskara we cannot follow the drift of the siddhanta. Samskara dosha is the biggest impediment for chitta shuddhi. Why do we trust our elders? It is because we have observed their conduct and we have imbibed more than we have listened to them talk.

In the current scenario, we have become averse to criticism. Like the old saying goes, we have to solicit censure like amrita and avoid praise like poison. All this attitude and approach is gone/lost. Hence nobody can speak from experience. It is just romanticizing a person, it's all about a good story. All you need is appropriately dressed actor and voila! We have a guru! ‎So obviously that guru will say everything is mithya but he himself would need a stick to walk around in old age.

Regards
Kripa ‎‎
‎
Yasya smarana mAtrena janma samsAra bandhanAt vimuchyate‎