[Advaita-l] pariNAma and vivarta discussion

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 00:15:50 EST 2017

Namaste,

While we engage in hair splitting arguments about which transformation
is vivarta and which is pariNAma, I cannot but note that the chAndogya
upanishad section that relates to this discussion aims to teach "That
which when known, everything else is known". Assume that these arguments
are settled. After that will we be anywhere close to the lofty goal
of achieving the state of "all knowing"? And by all knowing I truly
mean all knowing - all sciences, arts, technology, astra-shastra, mantra
- every imaginable vidyA and its siddhi? If the answer to this question is
a loud "NO", at least a few of us should be troubled that our understanding
of veda-s and vedAnta is very shallow.

PLEASE do not respond to this post with hollow statements like - "vedAnta
teaches that all this is mithyA - so there is nothing to know - except the
one all pervading consciousness ...".

Regards,
Shrinivas Gadkari