[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Question on Self Realization

Belavadi Shankar shankarbelavadi5 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 07:09:36 EST 2017

With my limited knowledge I will have to explain my answer. Those who have
studied Hindu Vedanta scripts know
that: one has to undergo a whole lot of practices as prescribed in the
Scriptures. In my opinion self-realization is
enlightenment. As I try to remember what I have read on this topic, one
needs to renounce his/her Ego, He/She has to
remove all attachments, and then obtain Atma-Jnana by Sadhana. So it is
very hard. I only know two people in recent times
in India, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Ramana Maharshi. [I will not attempt
to say anything about the Great Acharya
Sri Adi Shankar. In the Upanishads one name comes up often - Janaka
Maharajah - who was know as 'Jeevan Mukhta'.
More later
Warm Regards to All

- shankar

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Kartik Vashishta via Advaita-l <