[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** All the three states are dream alone

Ryan Armstrong ryanarm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 13:53:29 EDT 2017

Namaste Jayakumar

I am not sure if I can answer the question you pose directly, "

*can we (who are in spiritual pursuit )  justify of giving a bit more
importance to the waking state*"

However, an incident comes to mind which may be pertinent to this
discussion.
About 20 years ago, the local leader of the School to which I belong
started what he called "The Measure Group".
Quite simply, we would meet in the School House at 5:00 in the morning to
practise meditation and also to study the Bhagavad GItA.
At around this time we had been introduced to a discipline which was stated
as "When you wake up, get up"

So one particular morning, waking had occurred at around 3:00am and the
body was swiftly removed from the bed.
Before leaving to attend the group, ablutions were performed and study of
the scriptures undertaken.
At the group, this was related to the leader, with the words:
"This morning, I woke up so cleanly and became fully awake immediately.
I did not even need the alarm clock."
The answer he gave was:
"Well there's the problem"
Not being the expected response, this experience was related again: "But I
got up when I woke up"

To which he replied:
"The problem is that you believe that you woke up"

Yours in Truth
Ryan

On 24 August 2017 at 17:39, Jay Kumar via Advaita-l <