[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** All the three states are dream alone

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Aug 29 23:51:53 EDT 2017

If you are capable of understanding Avidya is not there at all you can follow that Prakriya. No problem. There will be Adhikari Bheda according to capacity. Once Sankaracharya and Madhvacharya were walking together and they became very thirsty. They came to a village but only liquor was available but no water. They both drank that liquor only and quenched the thirst and proceeded. After walking some distance they became very thirsty again. They came to a village. In that village only red hot melted iron was available. Sankaracharya drank it but Madhvacharya could not drink it. A Parivrajaka Sanyasi will not make any difference between nice things to drink and bad things to drink. He must have that capacity.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I have seen something like this in a Kannada movie 'bhumige banda bhagavanta' :-) But it was not shankara-madhvA, it was between some guru-shishyaa....Relating this  to shankara-madhvA combination and holding madhvA in a poor light shows our never ending aversion towards dvaita and dvaita Acharya-s.  Anyway, our mAdhva bandhu-s too are not lagging behind in belittling the Advaita Acharya-s whenever there is an opportunity :-) Very funny to read these episodes from either of the sides :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar