[Advaita-l] DSV in the advaitasiddhi: adhyAsa is substantiated

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 13:11:04 EDT 2017

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 9:26 PM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Anandji, and others,
>
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Anand Hudli via Advaita-l <
>
> > Further, if we consider
> > Ishvara sRShTi only, even that is through the dRShTi of Ishvara, as per
> > VidyAraNya's explanation of the nRsimha-uttaratApanIya words, "ihedaM
> > sarvaM dRShTvA."  VidyAraNya's explanation is: iha pratyagAtmani idaM
> > sarvaM jagaccharIracatuShTayarUpaM dRShTvA, sRShTvA dRShTireva sRShTiH,
> > where it is significant that Ishvara creates by His sight.
> >

> ​There was more than once such interpretation was seen on this list
> recently where the dRShTi of jIva is denied as sRShTi but that of Ishvara
> is accepted. ​IMO, there is no issue for the DSV follower, be it of EJV/
> NJV variant, since he lands a conclusion by posing a simple question: why
> is that Ishvara sees a world, which is called as a creation, and I/ all see
> the same thing?

This passage from Anandagiri's gloss on the verse 'nārāyaṇaḥ
paro'vyaktāt..' of the BGB introduction:

परमात्मा हि *स्वाज्ञानद्वारा जगदशेषमुत्पाद्य
*स्वात्मन्येवान्तर्भाव्याखण्डैकरससच्चिदानन्दात्मना
स्वे महिम्नि तिष्ठतीत्यर्थः ।

Ajñāna for Paramātmā? This IMO is indicative of the DSV where the
'paramātmā is the only sentient entity that creates the universe and holds
it within that consciousness....

regards
subbu