[Advaita-l] Ghranas and dharmic affects

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 22:04:39 EDT 2017

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 3:38 AM, Ravi Chandrasekhara via Advaita-l <

> Pranam,
>
> We perform Japa, upavasa, etc during eclipses.
>
> How does a celestial events dharmically affect humans? What are dharmic
> consequences of not following niyamas during grahanas?

In my opinion these are adhered to on the basis 'kartavyameveti' - we have
been asked to perform japa, etc. during those times. And that is sufficient
instruction to perform them. The performance produces adrishta, an unseen
effect, on the performer. This will lead to favorable results to him in
gaining chittashuddhi, progress in sadhana, etc. Non-performance will not
lead to these effects.

regards
vs